WELCOME

YOU ARE HIGHLY WELCOME TO AL-JUMUAH'S BLOG

Friday 18 December 2015

GUUS HIDDINK ARRIVES IN LONDON TO TAKE OVER AS CHELSEA MANAGER


The Dutchman was photographed at Heathrow Airport on Friday morning as he touched down in the capital to put the finishing touches to his new Chelsea deal.


Hiddink is set to be appointed Chelsea manager until the end of the season.

The Dutchman, 69, will take over from Jose Mourinho at Stamford Bridge in his second spell as caretaker manager of the club.

Hiddink, who was axed by Holland in June after a disastrous start to their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign admitted he was set for talks with the Chelsea hierarchy but gave little away about further plans.

“I want to get some good insight before I make my decision,” he told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. “I want as much information as possible. Chelsea are in a bad situation and there are reasons for that.

“Whether or not I’m visiting their next match depends on my first conversation. Then I’ll decide if I should stay in London longer.”

The Dutchman is set to watch from the stands on Saturday as Chelsea host Sunderland at Stamford Bridge.

Currently the London side was placed on16th place just a point above the relegation zone and 20 points behind Premier League leaders Leicester.


Hiddink won an FA Cup with Chelsea in 2009 when he combined the role with the Russia manager’s job following the dismissal of Luiz Felipe Scolari in the February of that year.

Picture Credit: Dailymail (uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment